[OpenDHT-Users] Re: Transaction like capability in openDHT

Sean Rhea sean.c.rhea at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 11:49:18 PDT 2006

Zahir,

Do you know that OpenDHT will store multiple values per key?  I think
you can solve your problem like this: when a node A registers with a
gateway G, that gateway does

  put_removable(A, G, SHA1(S))

where S is a secret chosen by G.  When A subsequently registers with a
different gateway H, that gateway in turn does

  put_removable(A, H, SHA1(T))

where T is a secret chosen by H.  When a node B wants to route a
message to A, it does

  get(A)

which returns [G, H].  B then picks one of G or H and contacts A
through that gateway.

If A later unregisters with G, then G does

  remove(A, SHA(G), S)

so that subsequent calls to

  get(A)

will return only [H].