[OpenDHT-Users] subsequent gets

Sean Rhea sean.c.rhea at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 16:22:45 PDT 2006

On 8/21/06, Dominik Berndl <berndld at cip.ifi.lmu.de> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> for my application i store a lot of vlaues (lets say 200) under the same key.
> If i submit a get via xmlrpc with this key the dht returns only two values
> per get, so i have to do about 100 subsequent gets.
> The average time for one get is about 500ms, so the whole procedure takes
> something about 50 seconds.
> Is there any possibility in opendht to get more than only two values per get?

They must be large values if you're only getting two values back per
get request.

I think the idea is that OpenDHT isn't meant to be used that way.
Storing so many large values under the same key leads to load
imbalance.  It would be better if you could find a way to store them
under different keys.

Sean
--
Looking for a PGP signature?