[OpenDHT-Users] Does SUN_RPC support UDP ?

Sean Rhea srhea at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 9 10:21:22 PDT 2006

On Aug 4, 2006, at 3:57 PM, alwaysakid at 163.com wrote:
> Does OpenDHT SUN_PRC interface support UDP for clients to get / put
> values ?
> TCP works fine, and i do understand that i cannot beat TCP in terms
> of efficiency
> but some servers are weird ( in the sense that they are slow /
> returns 0 values / never responds at all....)
> so I would like to have some degree of randomness, and with udp i
> do not have to maintain a lot of connections ( and with it,
> keepalive messages)

It doesn't support UDP, no.  We want you to connect via TCP so that
we can verify your IP address.

Sean
--
      I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer
     god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other